Friday, August 9, 2013

Bigger and Better than Death Valley?

I just want to remind y'all of what an amazing impact your encouragement has on us.

Seamus ran in to an acquaintance the other day. Like so many, he revealed that he has been following our journey through our Facebook page and blog. "I saw your adoption thing. I'm following you. I'm rooting for you!" Seamus was grateful and told me, "It gave me goosebumps. Like Death Valley on a Saturday night!" Okay, you may or may not be an LSU fan but if you are, you understand exactly what Seamus was talking about. You know the chills, the tears, the pride. It's overwhelming and AWE. SOME. If you're not... well, I'm really sorry. ;-)



My response to Seamus, "... but better." And it is, y'all. Your words of encouragement, your promises to pray for us, the hugs, all of it gives us the same feeling... times a thousand! It's hard to explain the effect every encouraging comment has. It's big. Way bigger than Death Valley.

So from our purple and gold hearts to yours (whatever colors yours may be)... Thank you for your encouragement. This journey is difficult on so many levels, and we don't want to go one day without it.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1Thes.5:11)




No comments:

Post a Comment