Saturday, November 4, 2017

Immigration Approval


One of the most exciting parts of journeying through an adoption is being able to witness to God’s faithfulness. For those who have adopted, it’s clear that this life is a war zone, that the ministry of adoption is a raging battle between the unseen, spiritual forces among us. It’s real. I could literally tag a hundred people in this post who can witness firsthand to everything seemingly going wrong as they seek to bring a child home (can I get an amen?). When the evil one sees our good, good Father bringing precious children out of slavery and into a loving home, he rages. And God allows much of it, for now (Job is a great biblical example of this). He allows it because it reminds us that this is not our home and it magnifies His grace! His faithfulness is always bigger than the evil that the prince of this world would have us fall under.

Today, a little of this warfare reared itself. While I won’t share details, I can say that we were reminded of the people among us who don’t support what God is doing through our family. While they may never admit this, their lack of faith becomes undeniable and is revealed in disturbing ways. Our village is an incredible testimony to the love of Christ, but there are some who discourage. 

In the middle of this, where resentment could easily rise to the surface, we chose to worship instead. If I choose anything other than worship, I’m essentially admitting that the Lord is not faithful. We don’t rely on man for the completion of God’s good work. We trust Him! I prayed. I sang. I gave Him thanks for what I KNOW He will do in Maggie’s life. I was almost in tears over the goodness of God when this pretty picture popped up on my phone. Our Immigration approval letter finally arrived! In a moment of worship and repentance, Jesus spoke back and reminded us of His unfailing love.

We believe you, Lord. We trust you and know that nothing will separate Maggie from your love!

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)


No comments:

Post a Comment